Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Of love songs, love and falling in love


It’s gonna be Love
It’s gonna be great
It’s gonna be more then I can take
It’s gonna be free
It’s gonna be real
It’s gonna change everything I feel
Ok!! As much as I love this song it is very impractical. Not only this song but so many of them that put all the wrong notions about "LOVE" in our heads. For, starters we forget the universality of the word itself. I LOVE YOU does not always have to mean I am attracted to so much so to share my whole precious life with a bimbo like you. Sheesh!!!
I hate bring to your notice that the songs that you've been calling "YOUR" song was just written and sung by somebody who is clueless about your existence. So it's definitely not "YOUR" song. It may seem somebody wrote it for you but well sorry NO-ONE across the seven seas or even seven blocks cares a rat's arse about your existence.
_
And now coming to people who say "I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE", trust me I know how much you cried watching 'A walk to remember'. What's so wrong about being in love or wanting to be in love? Does'nt make you a desperate ass as long as you don't go upto almost every tom,dick or harry/ tomasin, dicky or harriet (sorry for the lameness but bear it).

And lastly YOU DO NOT FALL IN LOVE AGAIN. You fall in love just once. If it did not work-out in you and your partner's lifetime, it was just an eye-opener to what is NOT love. Love is pure and just happens that one time. Love is a term in itself. It does not mean the same as sacrifice, compromise, physical disabilities and all that blah people say it's about.

Fall in love but always remember 3 things
1. Life is not some cheesy romantic movie
2. There is a reason you "fall" in Love... It's never thought about or premeditated
3. Please DO NOT judge your partner on the basis of a love song!!

CHEERS :)
Suhasini

2 comments: